One of my favorite singer/songwriters Brett Dennon couldn't have said it any better: "Blessed is this life and I'm gonna celebrate being alive". Oh how blessed my life is! Each night I thank God for these blessings and each day I truly embrace every minute from sunrise to sunset. Cam has taught me to let go of the small things that are meaningless (such as that pile of folded laundry that has been sitting on the couch for a week). OK so I admit, I may be a little OCD... or as I like to refer to it as "Type A personality". Up to this point in my life, it actually served me well. It pushed me through school, it was the driving force behind my graduate work, internships, hours and hours of clinicals and supervision along with balancing 3 jobs and working towards my LICSW. Now, as I am a couple of months away from my LICSW exam, I am realizing that to be a mommy, you don't really need any of those driving forces or OCD and perfectionistic tendencies. All you need is a big smile, a silly song and the deepest appreciation for the true meaning of love. In return you will be given much more of a reward than any graduate degree or license behind your name can ever provide you with.
Today Cam gave us another glimpse of his giggles. He found it funny when we were impersonating superman... he was playing the role of superman and I was aiding him in his flying, with several kisses along the way. This is a standard game and typical day for us, but for some reason today, it was extra funny to him. Oh to hear that giggle... it was music to my ears and magnificence to my heart and soul! This is truly what life is all about.....
1 comments:
What a happy kid. Cameraman is lucky to have you and Rob as his mommy and daddy.
Signed; Papa Woah Woah
Post a Comment